Monday, May 31, 2010

Topsy Turvy Tomatos, Day One

This Memorial Day I'll remember! Nice lunch conversation, mostly about our pastimes. Frank's banjo playing and shape note singing, an interesting discussion of photography and Micheal's online portfolio (and opportunity to rate his work!) and Dick and Gayl's wonderful travels, well documented on their blog.

After lunch, the gang planted (is that the word?) a hanging tomato in my back yard, full sun, hanging from the eves of my house. We're using the Topsy Turvy (R) Upside Down Tomato Planter (as seen on TV!) which, we were intrigued to learn, solves all problems of growing tomatoes!

Today I picked some tomatoes from a friend's garden, since she is out of town, pics below. After our conversation at lunch, I thought more about photographing Judith's tomatoes in my kitchen window than I normally would. I got the tomatoes, shed and fit without use of photoshop, or, I think I did. Other considerations: should I included my miniature gardening implements (so cute, from Arlene!) in the photo? Also, I'm experimenting with flash/no flash.

Day one of upside down tomato farming, my new pastime!





No comments:

Post a Comment